Thursday 16 April 2015

Media Evaulation question 6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

We gained the experience of using a camera form our preliminary task which we completed before starting the thriller film, as a practice for the real thing. This allowed us to try out different camera shots and angles, and film it steadily and successfully.

Using Adobe Premiere Pro was simple for me, as I had used software of which was similar to Premiere Pro for cutting music. The hardest part of using this software was being after to cut from one shot to another which had to be perfectly timed, which was hard and time consuming, but worth it in the end. Unlinking sound clips from the film clips was tricky to figure out as I didn’t want to mess up the film, so once I had figured out how to do it, it proved to be simpler than I had anticipated, although putting in sound clips in sync with the film clips was time consuming.

When filming, we decided to use a Nikon digital camera D5100 aka, a DSLR. We decided to use this because of the picture quality, although the high definition was immaculate, the sound quality was terrible and also we had problems with the camera focusing, and towards the end of filming the clips would come out blurry and out of focus, which turned out to be better for us as we included them in our titling sequence. After this we put all of the good quality clips onto Premiere Pro and edited them altogether, we found that some clips just didn’t work, so we decided to re film them, but this time using Tasmine’s Iphone5c. The picture and sound quality was much better this time and we managed to finish the film in just less than two hours.

Using different programmes to create the film was fun because we got to discover and explore new skills I didn’t know I had when editing because it’s harder than it looks! Using after effects turned out to be trickier than I thought, because after using Premiere Pro, I thought I could handle the other programmes, using mixcraft was easy as I already knew how to use it due to being a music student, so already had this experience, which helped the speedy process, whereas with after effects, I hadn’t a clue on what to do, but once I knew what to do, it was simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment